Rosacea is a skin condition characterized by redness, bumps and visible dilated blood vessels. It most commonly occurs in middle aged women with fair skin.
This unpleasant condition can be addressed on both internal and external levels. Usually the redness of the face is caused by false heat which is a symptom of low metabolism. Raising the metabolism really helps with this issue.
There are also many external home remedies that can be used to help manage manage this condition.
Home Remedies for Rosacea
Here are the top 10 home remedies for rosacea.
1. Chamomile Compress
Chamomile is a great remedy for rosacea due to its anti-inflammatory property that helps reduce inflammation and redness. Moreover, its active ingredients like terpenoids and flavonoids have a soothing effect on skin.
- Soak three to six chamomile tea bags in three cups of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and place the bowl in the refrigerator until the water is cold.
- Dip a cotton cloth in the cold solution and wring out the excess liquid. Place the damp cloth on the affected area for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy three or four times a day until you notice improvement.
Note: In rare cases, chamomile may cause allergic reactions, so do a patch test before using this remedy.
2. Green Tea
Green tea has anticarcinogen, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and phyto protective properties that work together in an effective manner to treat rosacea. Green tea can help reduce the skin’s reaction to ultraviolet light, thus helping prevent papules and pustules from developing on the affected area.
- Make two cups of green tea and put it in the refrigerator for half an hour. Soak a cloth in the cold tea and place over the affected skin area for several minutes. This soothing treatment will decrease redness and inflammation. Follow this remedy twice daily for months for effective results.
- Also try to drink green tea at least twice daily. It will help to keep your skin hydrated and your body will get extra antioxidants that in turn will speed up the healing process.
Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help reduce redness, itching and inflammation.
- Mix one-half cup of powdered oatmeal and one-fourth cup of water in a large bowl.
- Apply this mixture to the affected skin areas. Lightly smooth the oatmeal over the skin, but do not rub the skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water, and pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
- Repeat this treatment twice daily for several days for best results.
According to a 2005 study presented to the American Academy of Dermatology, licorice helps reduce redness, which is the most common symptom of rosacea. Licorice extract has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help promote healthy skin cells. Plus, it reduces skin irritation.
- Mix one tablespoon of licorice powder, and one teaspoon each of honey and aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin area. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for four to eight weeks.
Continue reading the article here.